Early Childhood Education is essential in providing quality child care for you and children. Children who are cared for by competent early childhood educators have a beneficial experience while they are away from their parents. Our team strives to ensure your child receives this daily.
The Manitoba Child Care Program classifies each person employed in a child care center as an Early Childhood Educator (ECE) II or III, Child Care Assistant (CCA). Regulations state that two-thirds of our staff must be at the II or III level. To assist in the compliance of this regulation, staff may alternate between the Preschool and School Age Program.
The qualifications required to meet these levels of classification are:
- a person who is employed in a child care centre that has obtained a minimum, a 40-hour introduction to child care course within the first year of employment.
- a person who has obtained a diploma from an educational institution in a childcare program.
- or has completed a competency assessment program
- a person who has obtained a degree from an educational institution in a child care program
- or has obtained a diploma in a child care program and a certificate from an educational institution in an area of specialization in child care
- or has completed a competency assessment program and has obtained a certificate from an educational institution in an area of specialization in child care.